DEC BC09J cable

From: Pete Turnbull <pete_at_dunnington.u-net.com>
Date: Fri Mar 1 02:05:20 2002

On Feb 28, 21:25, Tothwolf wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Feb 2002, Pete Turnbull wrote:

> > I believe the common order in the States is to swap orange and green
> > pairs, which is T568A.

> I haven't found 586A to be used more than 586B here in the US. Nearly
> every ethernet installation I've worked on used 586B, but I have seen
586A
> used quite abit for Token Ring over twisted pair.

That's interesting. That's the first time I've ever heard an opinion
direct from someone who uses the stuff. My belief was founded on things
I've seen written by people who write standards or interpretations of them,
no more than that. In other words, not people who actually do it. I
always wondered why we'd do it differently. Perhaps we don't :-)

--
Pete						Peter Turnbull
						Network Manager