JCL (was: Write only programming

From: Fred Cisin <cisin_at_xenosoft.com>
Date: Fri Mar 1 12:29:31 2002

On Fri, 1 Mar 2002, Julius Sridhar wrote:
> > > Argh. GO SYSIN DD.......
> > Believe it or not, I once seriously considered changing the spelling of my
> > name to SYSIN, so that at least the people in the industry would pronounce
> > it correctly.
> How do people usually pronounce it?

Mostly they just panic over an unfamiliar word, and try a hard 'C', a long
'i', etc. But hardly anybody has trouble guessing ways to pronounce
"SYSIN".
Most of the "Cisin"s in the U.S. changed their spelling to "Sisson".
(which throws away years of heritage going all the way back to Ellis
Island).

--
Grumpy Ol' Fred        cisin_at_xenosoft.com