Getting Unix to run on a PDP-11/34

From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz_at_unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
Date: Sun Mar 3 11:42:26 2002

On 2002.03.03 13:20 Hans H?bner wrote:

> > This problem can be solved. I can trade a 350MB 5,25" SMD disk to
> > you.
> This is cool and we'll gladly take the disk if everything else fails.
> The real goal of course is to have a PDP-11 in an 1970ies
configuration,
> way before SMD was invented.
I can understand this very well. 11/34 = 1975. What DEC disk systems
where current in that time? Massbus? RL01/02?

Hmm. You may ask David for his d|i|g|i|t|a|l washing machine. Once he
told me that he has a big disk drive from DEC. RK07? RP07? ??? Perhaps
he still has it.

> > When the Symbolics are salvaged today, I may be able to gat a
> > Fujitsu eagle for you... Stay tuned. :-)
> Yikes! That one will look cool on one of our QBUS VAXen and provide
> for the proper noise level. :)
I can bring my two 9" NECs. Stereo!
The Eagle is still in Davids hands, located in Ludwigshafen. You can
have it.

BTW: We needed three people to put the big Symbolics into Stefans trunk.
Than he filled the last gap with an Apollo Domain... The color monitor
for his Symbolics is in my trunk, because it and the machine where to
big for Stefans car. Unfortunately all symbolics consoles are borken.
One 3640 was left by Manuel, because the PSU is broken. We will salvage
the boards, including a tape controller. A tape that should fit to this
controller is in my attic. So look out for Genera tape images and
installation instructions... :-)))
--
tsch??,
         Jochen