Getting Unix to run on a PDP-11/34

From: Hans Hübner <hans_at_Huebner.ORG>
Date: Sun Mar 3 06:20:11 2002

On Sun, 3 Mar 2002 jkunz_at_unixag-kl.fh-kl.de wrote:

> On 3 Mar, Hans H?bner wrote:

> > (the 11/44 would also be nice as demonstration
> > CPU, but it has a SMD disk controller for which we have no drives).

> This problem can be solved. I can trade a 350MB 5,25" SMD disk to you.

This is cool and we'll gladly take the disk if everything else fails. The
real goal of course is to have a PDP-11 in an 1970ies configuration, way
before SMD was invented.

> When the Symbolics are salvaged today, I may be able to gat a Fujitsu
> eagle for you... Stay tuned. :-)

Yikes! That one will look cool on one of our QBUS VAXen and provide for the
proper noise level. :)

-Hans

--
                                       finger hans_at_huebner.org for details