Apple IIe memory board

From: Richard Erlacher <edick_at_idcomm.com>
Date: Sun Mar 3 22:32:16 2002

I've got an add-on memory board for the Apple ///, but that certainly doesn't
count where the IIe is concerned. That one used one row of normal 4116's and
two rows of the wierd 18-pin parts with two 4116 dice on the same substrate,
bearing an Apple logo, BTW. The one I've got, is modified in terms of the
connectors, as I used it in another application, way back when, and the
connectors didn't suit me. It does count as another Apple memory board,
though.

Could someone address that business with the 80-column aspect? I've had
several of these around and never yet had one that didn't have the key that
switched from 40 to 80-column mode. Was there an earlier version that
required this as an add-on?

Dick