Suggestions for hauling Computer Garage from Beaverton, OR to

From: James Willing <jimw_at_agora.rdrop.com>
Date: Tue Mar 5 09:53:49 2002

...and yes, I do read the list. B^}

* Recently, Zane wrote:

> How many trips is he looking at?

One. more is really not an option.

> Has he already gotten the stuff he had in his house out there?

Yes... that was the first three 26' trucks and a 28' semi-trailer. (A
major contributing factor to the cash crunch)

> He had enough stuff in the garage to probably fill a 24-foot truck,
> and that doesn't even cover what was in the house itself!

Probably a good time for a brief outline, since I've been rather quiet
over the last few months.

Currently what resides in Oregon are the (physically) larger
(and most significant IMHO) components of the Computer Garage collection.
The PDP8 and PDP11 systems, the VAX 11/780, and various boxes of supporting
equipment and documentation. Overall, about 16 to 18 six foot tall DEC
racks of gear, plus the boxed items, and various unknowns stuffed in there
by the (supposedly helping) relatives after I departed.

By numbers, I would say that apx. 60% to 70% of the overall collection
made the move with me. The remaining items are sitting in a 10'x 20'
space, so should fit into a single (large) truck. One with a lift gate
hopefully...

More of the story later...
-jim
---