Symbolics rescue (question about picture)

From: Ethan Dicks <erd_6502_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue Mar 5 17:18:33 2002

Re: RK03 and/or Diablo 31 disk drives...

> > I haven't seen any on eBay ever, and I think that only a few people on
> > the list have them. I doubt I'll ever be able to find one.

I don't have one anymore... I used to have one but it was ruined in
a flood and discarded over 10 years ago. I still have the I/O
cable converters, though... a bit rusty but probably functional. I
never did have the PSU for it.

The dual PDP-8/M system at Ohio State that was used in the 1980s to
analyze horse urine for drugs (via the attached mass spectrometer) had
third-party dual-ported Diablo controllers (one each) and several
Diablo 31s. I wish I'd been in the right place at the right time to
catch it when they retired it, but I wasn't. :-(

-ethan