I have a PDP-11/34 programmer's console, what should I do with it?

From: Andreas Freiherr <Andreas.Freiherr_at_Vishay.com>
Date: Wed Mar 6 15:13:21 2002

Ethan Dicks wrote:
> I do have a 5.25" 11/34 in my basement right now, with a limited-function
> panel, but I'm not sure you can _put_ the programmer's panel on the
> short 11/34s. We always used ODT on it anyway (cf. recent discussion
> about force-feeding PDP-11s from a VAX via ODT and special console toggle
> switch - this one _is_ that PDP-11).

You _can_ put the programmer's console on it: I am running it that way.
Of course, you still need the matching board inside the box, and you
won't have a lot of room (and power) for other peripherals, especially
if you're lucky enough to have a cache board, so I hooked up a UNIBUS
cable to a 10.5" box, where the controllers live.

--
Andreas Freiherr
Vishay Semiconductor GmbH, Heilbronn, Germany