I have a PDP-11/34 programmer's console, what should I do with it?

From: Ethan Dicks <erd_6502_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed Mar 6 15:26:08 2002

--- Andreas Freiherr <Andreas.Freiherr_at_Vishay.com> wrote:

> Ethan Dicks wrote:
> > I do have a 5.25" 11/34 in my basement right now...
>
> You _can_ put the programmer's console on it: I am running it that way.
> Of course, you still need the matching board inside the box, and you
> won't have a lot of room (and power) for other peripherals, especially
> if you're lucky enough to have a cache board...

That makes sense...

> so I hooked up a UNIBUS cable to a 10.5" box, where the controllers live.

Functionally sensible, but it won't fit on my bench anymore. :-( My
BA-11 is in a rack 10' from the end that the 11/34 sits on. The Unibus
cable would have to be taped to the rafters or block the aisle and become
a trip hazard. Guess I'll go back to making the BA11 work with the
VAX 8300 it's next to (replaced the damaged IC in the T0010 board... now
on to locate the cause of the short that caused the damage in the first
place).

-ethan