Thinning the heard

From: Jeffrey S. Sharp <jss_at_subatomix.com>
Date: Thu Mar 7 21:51:09 2002

On Thu, 7 Mar 2002, Torquil MacCorkle III wrote:

> I think it is very nice of you to give away machines like this. I was
> just wondering if you'd be willing to, if you do this again, give me
> first dibs on the next complete machine you give away?

I cannot speak for Allison, but if I the above message were directed to
me, I would ask you politely to stop being greedy and to check your email
more often.

Our traditional methods (usually FCFS) for redistributing goods are fair
and sufficient; we ought not to get into the practice of preemptive
first-dibbing.

--
Jeffrey S. Sharp
jss_at_subatomix.com