MicroVAX-II questions

From: Christopher Smith <csmith_at_amdocs.com>
Date: Fri Mar 8 10:09:05 2002

ISTR that's correct, and that's unsupported as in "We never could get it
to work right, so you're on your own..." The suggested solution I've
seen is to replace it with a DELQA board. :)

Try it with 6.2. If it works, it works. If not, let me know, I may
eventually be able to get a bootable MicroVMS 4.x setup on tk50.

That is to say, I have MicroVMS 4.x on a VAX with a questionable RD54
(takes several minutes to spin up properly), and a shot tape controller.
I will, as soon as I can replace the tape controller, produce a bootable
backup if it kills me.

> Oh yeah. It boots. VMS 5.2, but it's looking for the rest of a
> cluster, and apparently a lot of its filespace was remote. Bummer.
> Other than that, and the fact that I can't get it upstairs,
> it's a cool
> "little" box.

Ok, have you tried booting it conversationally, and turning off the
clustering? (I have never tried this, but it seems like it might work.)

Chris

Christopher Smith, Perl Developer
Amdocs - Champaign, IL

/usr/bin/perl -e '
print((~"\x95\xc4\xe3"^"Just Another Perl Hacker.")."\x08!\n");
'