Blank Paper Tape Question (P.S.)

From: Ben Franchuk <bfranchuk_at_jetnet.ab.ca>
Date: Sat Mar 9 10:42:30 2002

Loboyko Steve wrote:

> The DSI punches punch their own sprocket holes. Funny,
> I don't remember prepunched tape. Wouldn't that be
> punched tape prepunched with NULL's (ha ha).

It is a know fact that Santa's Elves will pre-punch your
paper tape for you on their days off. You have a choice
of white,red,or green paper tape.

 A low speed punch 10 cps vers a high speed punch
50 cps could be a important cost factor. Now if you
had black paper tape one could zap out the holes
with a laser giving you a very high speed punch.
Since the punching speed does limit paper
tape to a practical limit of about 8kb was there
any really large paper tape programs? 4K focal on
a TTY was as long a program that I ever loaded from paper
tape ... 20 minutes.

--
Ben Franchuk - Dawn * 12/24 bit cpu *
www.jetnet.ab.ca/users/bfranchuk/index.html