990

From: James B. DiGriz <jbdigriz_at_dragonsweb.org>
Date: Mon Mar 11 11:47:33 2002

Merle K. Peirce wrote:
> I saw one box of software that supposedly allowed interconnections with
> ordinary PC's. I also saw some materials that suggested there was a SCSI
> bus on at least one machine. One was running, the ogher considered a
> parts source. there was some sort of SMD type drive, but it had had a
> head crash and wasn't in use.

Probably a Western Automation SCSI subsystem; it seems to have been the
most common or only one available.

I'd be interested in finding out more about that software. There is a
DNIO suite available for the TI S1505 I have, but I think it requires
ethernet, which I don't have for the 990, and a still very expensive
license and dongle update on the Unix box. (The S1505 uses a hardware
encoded key on a plug-in slot on the motherboard. )

In the meantime, I think I'm just going to break down and punch in my
own boot loader from the front panel. :-) Between the docs I have, and
what Kossow has online, I have enough to work with now. Still, like I
said, please keep us posted, and let me know if I can be of any help.

Thanks,
jbdigriz