HP LJ 2 mobo -> Apple LW 2 NT

From: Chris <mythtech_at_mac.com>
Date: Mon Mar 11 14:34:01 2002

does anyone know if it is safe to yank the logic board from an HP
LaserJet II and stick it into an Apple Laserwriter II NT. I know they are
the same printer engine, with just minorly different features (Apple has
no font slots for instance).

I have a pseduo broken HP and a fully working Apple, but I want the
parallel interface. So rather than buying a kit to fix the paper pickup
problem the HP has, I was thinking of just swapping logic boards.

Is this possible? or will I blow something? (I'd rather not just blindly
experiment, since I am running short of working laser printers, and can't
afford to trash these)

-chris

<http://www.mythtech.net>