HP series 80

From: Joe <rigdonj_at_cfl.rr.com>
Date: Mon Mar 11 17:21:21 2002

Michiel,

   Nice find! I have a couple of these and ONE keyboard. It took me four
years of serious searching to find it! AFIK this is the only keyboard
around. They are EXTREMELY rare! The keyboard was a option, HP intended
that users develope their SW on a HP 85 and then burn it into EPROM and run
the 9915 from that OR store the program on tape in an Autost file and the
9915 would automaticly load it upon bootup (or reset). The tape approach is
the easiest to use EXCEPT just about all the 9915 and HP 85 tape drive
rollers have gone soft with age. The keyboard is a row and colume matrix.
I've made a schematic of it. I'll try to find it but I'm not promising that
I'll be able to. The "keyboard" connector is also used to output some
status and control signals so be carefull if you start experimenting with
it. I've been looking for a long time but I've only been able to find a
couple of manuals for the 9915 and they're not very helpfull.

   Yes the softkeys are the same as the F keys on the HP 85.

   I'll try to find my 9915 docs and post more.

   Joe

At 07:18 PM 3/11/02 +0100, you wrote:
> This weekend I picked up a HP 9915A computer (rackmount HP-85) with 2
HP-IB,
>serial and BCD card. I've also got the manuals for the expansion cards and a
>manual for a HP-85. I haven't got the tapes and the keyboard.
>
> Does anyone have the pin-out for the connectors on the back? There is a
>keyboard and a control (=com?) port on the back, but I don't know what I
should
>connect to those. I tried connecting a terminal to the serial card, but
there
>wasn't any output. It gives an error message on the composite video
output, so
>I guess the unit is working OK. And the last question, what are those
>unlabelled keys on the front of the unit? Are these softkeys like on other
Hp