Barely classic

From: Gary Hildebrand <ghldbrd_at_ccp.com>
Date: Tue Mar 12 03:22:49 2002

Pat Finnegan wrote:

> I think this one just squeaks by the 10-year rule...
>
> Today I visited the high school I used to go to, and walked out with an
> Amiga 2000 with a Video Toaster. (Yes, I legally walked out with it...)
> Anyhow, I've got the thing 'seemingly' working, but the manual for the
> Toaster says that it either needs an RGB monitor connected or a terminator
> on the RGB port. Does anyone here know of a source of cables for this
> thing (I'm a tad low on 23pin dsub connectors) or a pair of connectors so
> I can connect my A1084S up to it? For now I'm using the monochrome NTSC
> output from the computer, but I would like to have a color display (and a
> properly functioning Toaster).
>
> -- Pat

Well it does make the 10 year rule. The Toaster came out in late 1990
or early 1991. The A2000 dates from 1988 or so.

I get my DB23's from Gateway Electronics in St. Louis. You might be
able to get a cable either from Redmond Cable or from Software Hut.

I have a toaster 2000 card as well, and need the software to fire it
up. I have a complete set of disks for a toaster 4000, but I don't know
if that will work with the older card.

If you have any other questions, contact me off-list.

Gary Hildebrand
ST. Joseph, MO