Microchannel and Redhat?

From: James B. DiGriz <jbdigriz_at_dragonsweb.org>
Date: Tue Mar 12 10:07:58 2002

Chad Fernandez wrote:
> Oh, I think it's the IBM OEM model MCS-700 or something like that.
>
> Chad Fernandez
> Michigan, USA
>
> "James B. DiGriz" wrote:
>
>>What model FD?
>>
>>jbdigriz

I just looked at the 2.4.19pre1 source, and the stock Linux Future
Domain driver (fdomain.o) *should* work with that. You might have to
pass the correct IRQ and base I/O address via a kernel or insmod
parameter when booting or loading as a modules, eg.
fdomain=<PORT_BASE>,<IRQ>,[<ADAPTER_ID>] I believe this card also has
jumpers to set these parameters, so you might fool around with them, too.

Also note that sometimes SCSI drivers need to be disabled during initial
booting. You can do this by entering at the boot prompt:

restart disable=fdomain

Or dodge the problem by not compiling the driver into the kernel, and

Don't know if any of this will help with your problem, but you may find
it useful anyway, if you want to put all your SCSI devices on the one
controller.

jbdigriz