DEC distribution tapes - VAX vs RISC

From: D Peksa <PeksaDO_at_Cardiff.ac.uk>
Date: Wed Mar 13 07:04:57 2002

my previous message without html - I hope

> 2) Ultrix-32 V2.2-1 Supp TK50 1988
>
> With this tape marked 'SUPP' I suspect that I
> only have the one tape of a multi-tape set.

 IIRC there were only two tapes in the set - SUPP
 and UNSUPP. SUPP (which you have) is the only one
 you require to get going.

> What are you considering new? I am looking at
> the Ultrix 4.x Basic Installation guide dated
> 1990 and it lists over a dozen uVAX's,
> VAXservers, and VAXstations.

 I have seen an:

 ULTRIX AND UWS V4.3 SUPP/UNSUPP (VAX)

 CD from September 1992 and note that a VAX
 CD-ROM for Ultrix is mentioned in ULTRIX V4.4
 documenmtation. So it looks like VAX was
 supported by ULTRIX until ULTRIX expired (can't
 remember - was there an ULTRIX V4.5)

 Doug.