NetBSD Boot tape for MVII

From: Ethan Dicks <erd_6502_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed Mar 13 12:03:30 2002

--- Doc <doc_at_mdrconsult.com> wrote:
> I'm assuming that Hamster's QBus tutorial is correct? I'm going by
> that;
>
> slot 1: CPU
> slot 2: RAM
> Slot 3: RAM
> Slot 4: DEQNA top, baffle (black board, no traces at all) bottom
> Slot 5: TQK50 top, RQDX3 bottom.

Might you have a broken interrupt chain here? Is slot 4 a Q22/Q22 slot
or a Q22/CD slot? That air baffle won't grant the interrupt chain very
well, and unless it's in a CD slot, the only device that can generate
an interrupt is the DEQNA.

It's possible to load a bootstrap and hang when the real software kicks
in. I am debugging an H-11 that has an H-27 floppy interface that won't
work in the chain but will let me load the bootstrap if I put it behind
everything else with a gap (it seems to not let go of some Qbus signal
and when it's properly installed, I never get an ODT prompt).

I don't know the particulars of the box you have, but BA23s have 3 CD
slots, not 4.

-ethan