Stripped Indigo - worth how much?

From: Pete Turnbull <pete_at_dunnington.u-net.com>
Date: Wed Mar 13 13:13:43 2002

On Mar 13, 9:46, Ethan Dicks wrote:

> At one of my usual haunts, while I was picking up a couple of $10 SPARC
> IPXs (with lotsa RAM and interesting Sbus cards) and an HP LJIIIsi (also
> $10), I ran across an unpriced Indigo. This means that it will be
> available for sale next week. The trick... it's been gutted. There's
> no RAM, no drives, I think no sleds, and several conspicuous empty
> sockets on the motherboard. There _are_ two large PCBs inside, and the
> PSU is present (but no guarantees it's working).
>
> Is this thing even worth $10?

Depends on what's missing. If there are empty spaces for IC's on the CPU
board, probably not unless the skins are in good condition and you want
them to replace a scratched set. The special SGI SIMMs (I'm assuming this
is an R3000 Indigo) aren't that hard to find. If it's the graphics board
that's missing ICs, it may be OK -- depending on which graphics board it
is.

--
Pete						Peter Turnbull
						Network Manager