Free: older hardware, mainly PC

From: Richard Erlacher <edick_at_idcomm.com>
Date: Wed Mar 13 18:52:36 2002

Yes, but even at 50 cents per hour, it's less costly to replace the board by
snagging one from a thrift store for $1 than to set about to repair one. The
thrift stores discard them by the dozens every day. So long as they are
cheaper to buy than to fix, I'd suggest one do that. It's only a matter of
time, however, before the CPU, memory, I/O and everything else you'd want will
be on a single device. That will help with the packaging, but won't do much
for maintainablity.

I just finished trying to buy some 3-volt logic, and find that everybody in
distribution's convinced that the only thing that is relevant any longer is
1.5-volt logic. I must have blinked ...

Dick