Just Ask Re: Wow! Maybe my next old system

From: Marvin Johnston <marvin_at_rain.org>
Date: Thu Mar 14 10:04:43 2002

"Wayne M. Smith" wrote:

> I have a friend with an Altair that he built as a teen in his parents' basement in Connecticut. I want it, but only about $500
> worth. Of course I'll tell him that they go for $2K on eBay, but I'm trying to figure out the best way to do that and still end up
> with the computer. Fortunately money isn't an issue for him. Any ideas?

Ask :). My IBM 5100 (Basic only) was given to me because I asked.
Shortly after that, I found out what they were going for (about $500)
and told her she could have it back if she wanted. She told me to keep
it! She asked about a year later if I had sold it and I told her no, and
I still have it along with the external tape drive and printer.