VAXBI fun continues - seeking DEBNT installation docs

From: Ethan Dicks <erd_6502_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri Mar 15 00:53:28 2002

--- Gunther Schadow <gunther_at_aurora.regenstrief.org> wrote:
> Ethan,
>

> did you look at my VAXanatomy page? I have a picture of the VAXBI
> back side detai,ing some of the ethernet. You put the AUI cable
> and a terminator (!) in section E of that slot. May be you forgot
> the terminator?
>
> http://aurora.rg.iupui.edu/~schadow/VAX/anatomy/small/DSCN0003.jpg

Nice picture. It shows the AUI cable connector going into section D.
Mine is going into E. Perhaps there's part of the problem.

Also, when you say "terminator", what does that look like? The pictures
on your page are less than clear. What I have appears to be a 30-pin
connector with a single wire going from one pin to another. No components
that I can see.

Thanks for the info... it's a nudge in the right direction, that's for
sure.

-ethan