impressive CI - SCSI storage rack from MTI (RAID?)

From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis_at_mcmanis.com>
Date: Fri Mar 15 01:09:58 2002

At 01:38 AM 3/15/02 -0500, Gunther Schadow wrote:
>For example, what are all those boxes for?

Well this machine probably implements both SCA and CI, and on the SCSI
drives implements RAID.

>What is the simplest way of attaching other SCSI devices, such as my DAT
> drive or random SCSI disks?

DAT drives might work, but "random SCSI disks" most definitely won't work.
If its any sort of RAID box the disks must all be the same size and matched
in speed. This allows the box to stripe data across several drives. The
benefits are speed and data protection since you can set it up so that
losing any single drive can be recovered from automatically.

> Can I plug those directly into the CI/HSC box or is all that other gear
needed?

I'm betting you need to power up the whole kit and kaboodle.

--Chuck