I have a PDP-11/34 programmer's console, what should I do with it?

From: John Allain <allain_at_panix.com>
Date: Fri Mar 15 09:17:56 2002

tony said:
> If you then solder the mating part of the connector to stripboard
> with a track cut between the 2 rows of pins then each pin will be
> on it's own strip.

This isn't bad, except for that the signals are now one set of
1,3,5,7... and one set of 2,4,6,8... If I want to keep the
contiguous signals together then I have to jumper just about
everything. I want a device that I can solder a 2-wide DIL to
that has a single row of 1,2,3,4,5... SingleInLine 0.10" going
out, where the signals stay together. Call it a PC board-lette.

> What are you trying to do, and what construction
> method (custom etched PCB, wirewrap, stripboard)
> are you using?

Nothing special. Although I have an OK Speed-Wrap
here that may have to become more than a just a
conversation piece. Up to now it's been discrete
soldering on simple lattice line boards. stripboard?
Again, to set up 30 lines inorder, its 29 jumpers. Yuk.

John A.