urgent business/investment deal

From: Douglas Quebbeman <dhquebbeman_at_theestopinalgroup.com>
Date: Fri Mar 15 12:39:48 2002

> I'm just telling you like it is. It's called outreach. There is gear in
> the hands of people who, say, come across the archives from links, who
> will have no interest whatsoever in subscribing, and we need to keep it
> as easy as possible for them to post, or stuff will get junked that
> shouldn't.

Ancestry.com does this very effectively.

They have a message archive, but then you nring up a message,
you don't see the RFC822 e-mail address, just the name of the
poster.

Like with E-Bay, if you want the actual address, you click a
link that takes you to a different page. Here is where the
difference begins, and why Ancesrty's way is much cooler
than E-Bay's (but then _cooler than E-Bay_ isn't hard to do).

Anyway, you get a page where the host system looks up the
actual e-mail address, then constructs a graphic image
ON THE FLY that is a "picture" of the poster's e-mail
address.

Gonna take a hell of a bot to break through that...

Regards,
-doug q