urgent business/investment deal

From: Sellam Ismail <foo_at_siconic.com>
Date: Fri Mar 15 15:13:38 2002

On Fri, 15 Mar 2002, Jerome Fine wrote:

> As is is, the ratio is at least 10:1, so I don't think anyone can be
> suffering that much. If we all were so concerned, we would just
> hit the DELETE key and stop making comments. PERIOD.

Or we can restrict posting to subscribers only and be done with it.

Depends on how you look at it, eh?

> I certainly would not want Sellam to take over - at least Jay takes
> the attitude that all changes should be made slowly.

Yeah, I was already talking to someone else privately regarding this.
First of all, I know I'm not the most popular guy on the list. So what.
Niether are you. But I'm still cuter. Second of all, I don't think I'd
want the job. There are too many god damned whiners on this list.

If by "slow changes" you mean something new happens every other year then
I suppose that's what we have. Also, I hate the fact that there has to be
a democracy everytime a serious issue comes up that needs addressing. I
would prefer someone to simply take reasonable action after about a day's
worth of discussion.

Not to knock Jay, at least he keeps the list running, and he deserves
lots of credit. But I don't think he even reads the list anymore, and is
not in a position to be the operator.

Ah screw it. Just like every other time an issue has come up, nothing
will happen. Let the spam come.

Sellam Ismail Vintage Computer Festival

 * Old computing resources for business and academia at www.VintageTech.com *