Semi-OT: PMac 6100 DOS

From: Ethan Dicks <erd_6502_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri Mar 15 16:25:43 2002

--- Chris <mythtech_at_mac.com> wrote:
> Well.. there are two different video "adaptors" that were being refered
> to in that thread.
>
> One is the HDI-45 to RGB adaptor, that came with all the "AV" powermacs
> that had the AV video port. I think that was limited to the 6100, 7100,
> 8100 series (but may have included others). This was needed to connect a
> standard RGB monitor to the HDI-45 AV video connector. Or, Apple prefered
> you bought an AV monitor that plugged directly into the port and provided
> video, audio, ADB, and for some reason I think color calibration (but I
> might be wrong on the last one).

This is the one I've been looking for... I have had this 6100 for over
a year and haven't run across the HDI-45 adapter for less than $15-$20
shipped. I just bought an Apple 14" AV monitor for $10. Problem
solved. If the monitor ever dies, I'll probably cut the cable off and
solder on my own DA15 (and 1/8" stereo jacks, etc.) Maybe now I can
retire my Quadra 660av or my Quadra 605 to the back room and use my
PB160 for dumping my QuickTake 150 camera...

-ethan