List Management - RESPONSE

From: Wayne M. Smith <wmsmith_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Sat Mar 16 02:06:06 2002

> Really. Wow, that's funny, because I read the mail on this list every night.
> I may occasionally go a day or two without it, but that's not very common.
> Moreover, I, (probably like most on the list), routinely skip and delete
> (without reading) posts that don't appear to be about anything that
> interests me, with regards to my own collection or to list issues. Perhaps a
> thread or two has gone by that had a subject line that didn't cause me to
> read it when in fact it contained discussion that I should have watched.

Jay makes an excellent point here. I browse the list in exactly the same way. It's frustrating to spend time reading messages that
have no connection to the subject line, and it's just as frustrating to know that I'm missing some good stuff for the same reason.
Yes, it's harder to follow the thread if the subject line keeps changing; but my view is that if the subject line no longer has any
connection to the message, then maintaining the continuity of the thread is pointless.