List Management; Was Big African Grifters

From: Roger Merchberger <zmerch_at_30below.com>
Date: Sat Mar 16 10:32:50 2002

Rumor has it that Doc may have mentioned these words:

> As far as Jay's performance running the list, I'd like to make two
>observations -
>
> Unrestricted SPAM has been a very live topic for six weeks. I would
>normally expect the List Operator to at least comment on feasibility of
>the various proposals, and on the steps involved for the proposed
>volunteers. I didn't see anything at all.

Not to sound like a prick, but you mightn't have looked all that hard... He
emailed the list just prior to 1 Mar 2002 (that's when I received a reply
from his request) asking for advice about what to do WRT spam & keeping the
list more open for nonsubscribers...

> Today is March 15, 2002. The latest post available from the online
>archives is dated November 30, 2001. That's a hell of a lag.

He might have one hell of a job... Lord knows I'm a wee bit behind in my
'hobby-based duties' WRT my listserver & other things. At least it's up &
running - methinks we should count our blessings to have a decent uptime,
nice, hi-bandwidth list to discuss our ancient friends *for Free*...

Jay, I know how thankless this 'free labor' can be, so lemme be the first
person to make it a little less thankless:

Thank You! :-)

And always, if there's anything I can do to help, just holler. I'll do
anything I can to help.

Laterz,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger
--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger   ---   sysadmin, Iceberg Computers
Recycling is good, right???  Ok, so I'll recycle an old .sig.