List Management - RESPONSE and how to question

From: Innfogra_at_aol.com <(Innfogra_at_aol.com)>
Date: Sat Mar 16 12:11:36 2002

I, too, appreciate the work Jay has done on the list. I use this list as an
example of a large well managed community. Even though there has been a
slight increase of Spam recently it is way, way, way below any other list. We
generate more Spam about the Spam than the originators.

I am not in favor of closing the list just like I am not in favor of closing
the community. Some times moderation is necessary but in IMHO less is best. I
believe in self moderation, something we seem to be falling down on lately.
If we do not reply to or about the Spam it will be hardly noticeable. And
here I am adding to it.

I would rather learn about how to attack Spam at it's source. I am learning
how to decipher the mail headers. I need to figure out how to automate
complaint letters. From what I have seen the direct complaint to the service
provider works best.

Links to any tutorials would be appreciated, as would recommendations on SW.

Paxton
Astoria, OR

PS From what I have seen most of the Spam the list has gotten is very
international in it's source and not traceable back to a single source.

The FBI would like copies of the Nigerian Scam emails. They are starting to
take it more seriously.