Diags/Boot image for Altos 580

From: Doc Shipley <drdidlittl_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat Mar 16 18:33:52 2002

--- Douglas Quebbeman <dhquebbeman_at_theestopinalgroup.com> wrote:

> > Does anyone have the install disks, and the Diagnostics/utilities
> > disk, or disk images? And a way to create the disks on a Linux
> box?
> > They are DD/DS floppies, right?
>
> My former employer ended up giving his to a local
> guy who fixes radios, PCs, controllers, hell anything
> (he and I did an embedded systems project once); I just
> got off the phone, he remebers the system, knows its
> "there somewhere", as I also recall seeing it there
> as well as the disks in a dark maroon Dysan disk box.
>
> He's a bit busy at the moment, but promised to start
> a search for the disks when he can.

  That would be ultra-cool. What kind of compensation would be in
order, do you think?

> The drive is available free, for cost of shipping...
> if you're even vaguely interested in a failing
> hard drive. However, you might be able to combine
> parts from them long enough to use one while you
> transition to a more reliable old drive (assuming
> of course Chris finds the software).

  I'll file the offer... I can probably get a comparable drive here a
lot cheaper than we could ship it, if generic MFM will work. Aren't
ALL CMI drives junk?
  Thanks for the offer, and especially for calling your friend.

        Doc