Configuring ULTRIX 4.x kernel (was: Re: VAX 6400 booting saga: SUCCESS!)

From: Peter Svensson <petersv_at_psv.nu>
Date: Mon Mar 18 02:43:49 2002

On Mon, 18 Mar 2002, Gunther Schadow wrote:

> Well, yes except that it's binary only, which doesn't just work
> as expected. But I found out, /etc/doconfig is an interactive
> script that does all the magic for you. I hate to do this interactively,
> but at least it got me going. And it's a script, so it can be
> seen what it does (among others ln -s ing the BINARY/*.o files to
> MYKERNEL/.)

Hm, I dont think that is right. All you have to do is to copy or create a
configuration file in /usr/sys/conf/vax and then run "./config" on that
file. This should set everything up for you. Doconfig is a way to create a
resonable kernel for your hardware.

Peter
--
Peter Svensson      ! Pgp key available by finger, fingerprint:
<petersv_at_psv.nu>    ! 8A E9 20 98 C1 FF 43 E3  07 FD B9 0A 80 72 70 AF