ZX-TEAM meeting and Webcam

From: Hans Franke <Hans.Franke_at_mch20.sbs.de>
Date: Wed Mar 20 06:59:52 2002

> > > Wasn't the ZX81 board already prepared to use a 6116 instead ?
> > Yes, it was. I put 6116's in several.

> Pete, what modifications to the board are required in order to use a 6116?

Well, I'm not pete, but the process is quite simple:

Take out your board, and look at the RAMs - near the left
Chip you'll notice markings and drilled plated thru holes
which exactly resembles the 6116 - the left 2114 is located
halfways in that area - unsolder the 2114s and solder in
the 6116 - although I recomend soldering a socket, so you
may play around with other 6116 compatible modules, like
batery buffered RAMs or the RAM/clock combination from Dallas.
IMHO a real good add on if you intend to keep a minimal system.

Gruss
H.

--
VCF Europa 3.0 am 27./28. April 2002 in Muenchen
http://www.vcfe.org/