Toilett processing (Was: ZX-TEAM meeting and Webcam)

From: Hans Franke <Hans.Franke_at_mch20.sbs.de>
Date: Wed Mar 20 08:50:18 2002

> On Tue, 19 Mar 2002, Ben Franchuk wrote:
> > Glen Goodwin wrote:
> > > 1 -- Build an interface for every device under the sun, including the
> > > toilet seat.
> > That is easy -- a micro switch ... now how do you tell if the ROLL is
> > almost empty ?

> Press-fit roll spindle with shaft encoder attached to one serial port on
> a PDP-11 running a backround job counting total turns, comparing against
> approximate turns-to-roll-exhaustion, and triggering (thru another serial
> port) an appropriate alarm, or perhaps printing out a TP-LO Warning.

Isn't using a PDP-11 as perhipheral processor for a ZX81
a bit out of scope ?

> Now how do you tell if the previous occupant actually washed their
> hands?

what about a water flow sensor which tells the amout of
water used at the sink, and a soap dispenser switch to
see if soap has been at least requested ? So if one doesn't
use enough water, or over a way to short time, or didn't
use soap at all, or triggered the soapswitch without using
water afterwards, we just keep the door locked. Maybe with
an additional voice output according to the situation (*).

Gruss
H.

(*) Ach ja: if the TU (toilet user) had tried to open the
door, a message like 'The sanitary sywstem of this UDP
facility would apreciate if you also cleanthe door handle'
should be added.

--
VCF Europa 3.0 am 27./28. April 2002 in Muenchen
http://www.vcfe.org/