Keyboard conversions

From: Pat Finnegan <pat_at_purdueriots.com>
Date: Wed Mar 20 08:57:19 2002

On Wed, 20 Mar 2002, Charles E. Fox wrote:

> At 10:28 PM 19/03/2002 -0500, you wrote:
> >With all this talk about making a LK201 work on a PC or vice versa - and
> >this moderately-broken Amiga keyboard I have laying around - I was
> >wondering if anyone could give me some info so I design/build an adaptor
> >to make a PC (perhaps mac or some other KB) work with an Amiga? With the
> >lack of a surplus of Amiga kb's on the eBay market, I was thinking it
> >might be a worthwhile hack.
> >
> >Mostly I guess I just want a source of info about the Amiga keyboard (this
> >is for an A2000 btw) so I could think about how I might design it.
> >
> >Thanks
> >
> >-- Pat
>
> What is the problem with the Amiga keyboard? I repaired one of
> mine (dead enter key) with parts from a Commadore 64.

Uh, a couple of the keycaps are 'missing' and one of the keys has
superglue (from a highschool attempt to re-attach the key-cap) on the
board contacts for the key. It's nothing terribly critical - the ~, ctrl,
both alt, and left-amiga keys - but I prefer the feel of some other
keyboards, and would like to have a 'spare' laying around.

-- Pat