What's Need to Connect TS05 to PDP 11/23

From: Andreas Freiherr <Andreas.Freiherr_at_Vishay.com>
Date: Wed Mar 20 11:14:31 2002

Oh, ...

Douglas Quebbeman wrote:
> You should know this: I have *never* *ever* used a PDP-11.
> I did use a DEC-10 extensively (including a little MACRO-10)
> and a Harris 1200 (PDP-8 clone).

OK, so there's at least one thing I have touched, while others still
have to learn about it. ;-) - On the other hand, I've never personally
met a PDP-8 :-(

What operating system are you going to run? - RT-11 should auto-detect
new hardware and load the proper handlers, while RSX will require you to
do a SYSGEN before a new device can be used - certainly not the easiest
part to start with. This may indeed be another catch...

Unix? - That's possible on so many boxes, why do it on a PDP-11 that can
do things other boxes won't? IAS? MUMPS? RSTS/E? SHARE? TSX? - All
possible, but perhaps not easy to find, and some of these will also take
some configuration work before you can use the system.

--
Andreas Freiherr
Vishay Semiconductor GmbH, Heilbronn, Germany