list changes

From: Tim <timwa_at_snowgoons.fsnet.co.uk>
Date: Thu Mar 21 06:10:03 2002

Pete Turnbull wrote:
> On Mar 20, 12:59, David Woyciesjes wrote:
>> From: Jay West
>>> B) I also like the 'self-policing' idea of making posts to the list
>>> from non-subscribers get a subject tag of [OL] or something like that.
>>
>> Another good idea.
>>
>> Can't the system compare the From or ReplyTo field against the
>> subscriber list, and take action from there?
>>
> Good point. There are almost certainly people on the list who've
> subscribed from a different address than the one they have the mail sent
> to. Not insurmountable, but it does need consideraton.

While we're on the subject, I do think the [OL] idea is a good one,
but I just wanted to add my tuppence worth on the subject...

The address I post from isn't always the same as the one I read it from;
I tend to choose the address to post from (work or home) as appropriate
to the content of the message... If we go with the tagging off-list
posts, it would be nice if there was a way of registering additional
'posting addresses' as well as the subscription address.

Not essential, of course, but would be handy (would be more
essential if we got to the stage of actively blocking off-list posts.)

Incidentally, I'm all in favour of the blocking HTML, by the way...

Cheers,
Tim.

--
Tim Walls at home in Croydon     -     Reply to tim_at_snowgoons.fsnet.co.uk