IBM PPC Laptop on eBay

From: Wayne M. Smith <wmsmith_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Fri Mar 22 03:28:48 2002

> > I can certainly see why someone would prefer not to have complete strangers come to their house to pick up items. Unless I was
> > selling a really large item where the postage would exceed, let's say $50.00, I see no compelling reason to allow people I don't
> > know to come to my house. I have two small daughters at home (3 and 7), and live in a somewhat isolated area, so why should I
do
> > anything that even marginally jeopardizes their safety? Sure, I may be paranoid, but a schmuck? Get serious.
>
> It's not that hard to arrange a meeting in a neutral place. If the
> seller is an individual, he/she is probably going to have to deliver the
> item somewhere (carrier's counter), anyway. If a business, they
> generally have a storefront or warehouse location that would be safe for
> pickups.
>
> Doc

No, it's not that hard, but it's still easier to not have to coordinate with someone else's schedule. Look, people have their
reasons for not wanting to meet others in person, some may be good ones, some may not. Why can't someone set their terms of sale
without having the name-calling begin? C'mon, give us misanthropes a break!