CD-ROM on RT-11?

From: Doc <doc_at_mdrconsult.com>
Date: Fri Mar 22 09:50:08 2002

On Fri, 22 Mar 2002, Jerome H. Fine wrote:

> By the way, Doc, I have downloaded the dd.exe file - thank you.
> Of course there was no documentation. Perhaps that is available
> somewhere as well? Also, can I use this technique to "Burn" a
> CD that has already had the first portion written with an ISO file
> structure? Was this how Tim Shoppa prepared the RT-11
> Freeware CD? If I seem totally confused by the nature of the
> questions I am asking, you are correct!

  I don't remember ever seeing any documentation for DD.EXE. When I
found it, I think I used a DOS boot disk to test my guesses.
Unfortunately, I don't have a DOS/Win box built right now. In VMWare,
"dd a:\ C:\dos\test.img" lights up the floppy and says "Permission
denied", so I dunno. It may be that this dd.exe is one-way. Image
files to disk, but no reading disks to files.
  I'll investigate further this evening.
  As far as burning a CD with dd in Windows, I very seriously doubt that
Windows "pipes" are up to it.

        Doc