Source code for 805x line-by-line assembler?

From: Ben Franchuk <bfranchuk_at_jetnet.ab.ca>
Date: Fri Mar 22 09:50:58 2002

John Chris Wren wrote:

> D'oh! I feel stupid. Don't ask me why I read 65xx with you asked about
> 805x. I've been writing 805x for about 15 years, and I've never run across
> one. I've though about writing one from time to time, but never got around
> to it. Since I usually have a pretty tight embedded system, I use all host
> side tools. If you write one, I'd be interested in looking at it.

I have seen 6502/6800 style embedded assemblers. Never used them. I have
not used
a 805x so I don't know the Instruction set for it so I don't know how
easy it would
be to write one. Most user side tools are from the early days of $1000 8
bit computers when you only had ONE computer.Here is some printable
Instruction Set Cards for many cpu's other than 805x. Also many early
computers like the PDP-8,8080 had a instruction set that let you code
directly in octal numbers.

--
Ben Franchuk - Dawn * 12/24 bit cpu *
www.jetnet.ab.ca/users/bfranchuk/index.html