Wright Punch up for auction

From: norm-classiccmp_at_docnorm.com <(norm-classiccmp_at_docnorm.com)>
Date: Sat Mar 23 14:41:26 2002

On Sat, 23 Mar 2002, M H Stein wrote:
> Gee, Brian, I offered one of these right here at the same time as that
> pile of IBM docs that I sent to Norm & you; ya shoulda spoken up.

Hi, Mike! Brian actually already has one of these ... he was just being a
nice guy in pointing out that another was available :-)

> How are you guys coming along with scanning those manuals? Anything on
> line yet?

Well, hrm. I've scanned all the docs relating to the equipment Erik
wanted, then sent them off to him. The files are on my XP machine as
8bit, 300dpi files waiting to be put into pdf format ... I got stalled as
I tried to decide between just putting them up as images, or running them
through an OCR program. Then the process got stalled some more as I
worked more on ibm1130.org's new format ... which I believe is almost
ready to go, and I'll be posting about it as soon as it is. Then I'll pdf
the files. I think I'm just going to skip the OCR for now: it introduces
a lot of extra complications that will really slow down the process.

RSN,

Norm