Unix disk images and archiving

From: James L. Rice <jrice_at_texoma.net>
Date: Mon Mar 25 22:24:55 2002

I think you will have to write a disktab entry for the MO drive. I had
to add one for the Jaz. NS3.3 is pretty good at determining disk
geometry if the drive supports the sense command. Since PM bit the
dust, I'm not sure if there is much documentation out there about the MO
drive. Also keep in mind that the NeXT cube SCSI implementation is
pretty primitive.

Ok, I looked on the Pinnacle Micro site. It's up intermittently these
days. They went bankrupt in 2000. On the PM site at :
http://www.pinnaclemicro.com/faq/unix.htm it states that NeXT supports
both 512 and 1024 sector formats, so I don't think that that's the
problem. Also on the Pinnacle Micro site at:
http://www.pinnaclemicro.com/guides.htm#unixmo there wasn't a mention of

One question, does the MO drive show up in the Workspace browser when
you insert a disk? I can't format a Jaz cart from the command prompt
with disk, but I can by selecting it in the GUi and then selecting Disk
Initialize....I don't know why.

If none of this makes sense, forgive me. I had a root canal and 8
fillings done this afternoon and I'm still a little punchy.

James