ancient terminals, was: Re: ZX-81 Question

From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz_at_unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
Date: Tue Mar 26 10:58:47 2002

On 2002.03.26 12:55 Hans Franke wrote:

> This construction reminded me of
> 1970 style 'inteligent' terminals where screen buffer was more like a
> code of some sort to be executed by the diplay processor which was a
> micro code engine itself.
And that reminds me of the Tektronix ASCII Terminal I rescued lately.
Characters are drawn only once and the analog "memory" display tube
keeps the dots fluoresceing. No screen refresh! This is one of the
Terminals where you can see that Tektronix is well known for
oscilloscopes...

Hmmm. I think I should take this thing to the VCFE along with my
VAXen...
--
tsch??,
         Jochen