Tek 4051 (was ancient terminals, was: Re: ZX-81 Question)

From: John Chris Wren <jcwren_at_jcwren.com>
Date: Tue Mar 26 19:48:45 2002

        We used to have one of these down at Georgia Tech, in the computing center.
The nice thing about was that most people didn't understand the use of the
'Clear' key to clear the screen. As a result, people would logon, discover
that after a page full the characters start overwriting each other (the
terminal doesn't support scrolling), get disgusted, log off, and never it
again.

        As a result, it meant that for those of us in the know, we always had a
terminal availabel in the cluster. Same was true of the teletypes, until
they were replaced.

        I wrote a Pascal based turtle graphics program for the 4051, running on the
Cyber. That was fun.

        --John