AMD am7960

From: Richard Erlacher <edick_at_idcomm.com>
Date: Tue Mar 26 19:56:21 2002

Volume, particuarly in SAN and MAN applications, will drive the prices down.
Once the cost is low enough, you might as well have lightspeed on your
desktop. 100Mb ethernet cards cost about $12 nowadays. Back when I bought my
first ones, they weren't that cheap, believe me! What's more, by the time
they get the 100Gb technology to where it's manufacturable, the price pressure
on 10Gb will be so severe that they'll incorporate it into your motherboards.
It won't be long before people forget about Gflops and talk in terms of
Tflops, Tbytes of RAM, and disk drives with exabytes of storage.

Poor ol' Data, of Startrek the Next Generation fame is already obsolete only a
decade after the performance and capacity he represented was unthinkable.
Imagine what another decade will bring.

Dick