AMD am7960

From: Dave McGuire <mcguire_at_neurotica.com>
Date: Tue Mar 26 21:21:30 2002

On March 26, Richard Erlacher wrote:
> Volume, particuarly in SAN and MAN applications, will drive the prices down.
> Once the cost is low enough, you might as well have lightspeed on your
> desktop.

  Yes yes, but a little balance might be nice. Most system busses can't
handle that sort of bandwidth...so what's the point? Faster is
better...but only if it's *useful*. Upgrading for the sake of
upgrading is bogus, and only serves the wallets of the vendors' VPs.

        -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                    "...it's leaving me this unpleasant,
St. Petersburg, FL                 damp feeling on my shorts..." -Sridhar