ZX81 and 6116

From: Glen Goodwin <acme_ent_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue Mar 26 21:23:03 2002

> From: Hans Franke <Hans.Franke_at_mch20.sbs.de>

> Well, my instruction reads that L1 has to be set as soon as you have
> a 4118 (or the otehr way around, it is only to be left out if you have
> two 2114). Please check also the scanned assembly instructions at the
> ZX Team pages (English Version)
> http://home.t-online.de/home/p.liebert/f_zx81_e.htm

Well, the schematic is also available on the TEAMs site (adjacent to the
assembly instructions), although "L1 for 1K" and "L2 for 2K" does not
exactly specify the number of RAM ICs . . .

There were a number of revisions of the PCB which were issued.

BUT -- I have 2 ZX81 PCBs and 1 TS1000 PCB close at hand, and what I found
is that NO jumper is installed on either of the ZX81 boards (both are Issue
One and have 2x2114), but the TS1000 (Issue 3 with a single 2016) has L2
(actually marked LK2) installed.

I have a couple of dozen more of these at my shop, and will check them out
as well.

> BTW, have I already told the story that I build a
> casher out of a ZX81 ?

No, but I'd like to read it ;>)

Glen
0/0