ZX81 and 6116

From: Richard Erlacher <edick_at_idcomm.com>
Date: Wed Mar 27 07:39:52 2002

A lot of manufacturers have thought it "clever" to rearrange the address and
data lines, on an EPROM, for example, in order to obfuscate their firmware.
It's not rocket science to trace the CPU<=>EPROM hookup, though it's also
surprising how few people are willing to take the 10 minutes to do that. You
can get some surprises with RAM, however, and particularly if you are trying
to "program" a battery-backed RAM for purposes of emulating an EPROM, since
the order of the addresses and data normally doesn't matter at all.

Dick