Unix disk images and archiving

From: Jeff Hellige <jhellige_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Wed Mar 27 17:03:26 2002

>When I got my 68040 Cube upgrade kit it came with a motherboard and an
>OD of NeXTstep 2.0, and a NeXT SIMM-puller tool. And some instructions
>about the sequence in which to change things. All this information is
>coming out of my occasionally fallible memory. But I'm sure that I was
>using NS 2.0 and 2.1 long before I had a CD reader.

        Thanks for correcting me on that. Unfortunately, I've still
not gotten NS 3.3 to reformat the DOS-formatted MO disks in my
Pinnacle Sierra, even with the disktab entries that James provided.
It appears to read them fine, as well as writing small text files to
them, but it won't initialize them either from the Worksapce or a
shell.

        Jeff
--
                           Home of the TRS-80 Model 2000 FAQ File